Wednesday, May 14, 2008

social networking (1)

The map of who is using what is very interesting - it gives a good idea of on which sites libraries could put a social networking presence up - I have been very impressed with some of the library sites on myspace. we are working towards doing this at our library.
This topic i am finding more familiar - I set up my own myspace a while ago (just to see how it worked) but as none of my friends have social networking sites it really doesn't work. I have had suggestions to make it more of a hobby site - but I don't know it just doens't hold a lot of interest for me at the moment. And of course council has removed access to myspace....grrrr. Recently a high school colleague set up a geocities site - http://www.geocities.com/bhhs_nsw_1977/?
so I have joined and been chatting to former school friends here, I have also added quite a bit of content to the site with access to some newspaper articles for scanning etc.
loobylu

No comments:

LibraryBytes

It's magic photo

It's magic photo
Adult dress ups @ your library
Northern Beaches, NSW, Australia

tapping feet photo

tapping feet photo
My tapping feet and friends